WHAT IS HAPPENING IN G6 ESL?
We have a full week of school ahead. It will be great to see EAP B group after a 2-week break.
|Mon 19||Tues 20||Wed 21||Thurs 22||Fri 23|
|Science Quiz||Science Quiz||SS Interview Mr Willey|
|Eng Book Club # 2
- Review cell terms and their function for the Science quiz on Wed/ Thurs.
- Practice the reading strategies of connecting, visualizing, questioning and inferring through a book study of “The Iron Man.”
- Practice writing summaries.
- Review fragments, run-ons and what makes a complete sentence.
- (BC #2 reading and jobs)
- RAZ Kids
- Noredink EAP B or G
Book Club # 2 will be on Wednesday 21st. Make sure you have:
- Read chunk 2,
- Summarized chunk 2,
- Completed your BC role/ job,
- Be ready to discuss your wonderful book.
Use the sentence frames here to help you prepare what you write and what you say.
Use the summary sheet here to help you write your summary.
Students will also learn the difference between narrative and expository texts. They will learn to write expository paragraphs using a method called EmPower for the upcoming Create A Society performance task.
In SS students will discuss the term hierarchy. They will start talking about citizenship and people’s rights and responsibilities also in preparation for the upcoming Create A Society task.
On Friday, Mr. Willey will visit classes so you can interview him for the Service Learning project.
Students will have a final review for the quiz that will take place in classes on Wed and Thurs.
Use these videos to help you review, and check the Science folder in ESL Resources. Make sure you know the vocab definitions. Try the Quizlet, or make your own flash cards to help you study!